Direct Debit Duties
What is it?
Direct Debit Duties refers to the streamlined payment of your Customs duty, Wine Equalisation Tax (WET), Luxury Car Tax (LCT), Quarantine, processing and/or other Government charges on your imports, directly from your nominated account into Australian Customs and Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS).
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to having your duties and taxes debited directly from your account as follows:
- Provides safety and security of your shipments and funds.
- Reduces fees and transaction charges billed by the banks. Instead of having fees incurred when we pay these disbursements on your behalf and then again when you pay into our account there will only be one transaction fee between yourself and customs.
- All payments made in a single day will show in one transaction on your statement further reducing bank and Government charges payable.
- Set and Forget; a report can be set up and sent to you on a weekly or daily basis providing the estimated amount due to come out of your account on a given day or week allowing you to make funds available in your nominated account and comfort can be taken in the fact that cashflow has been managed as well as reducing the admin of arranging multiple payments a week to us.
- Avoiding the hassle of last minute and late payments removing the impact on shipment holds and credit terms.
- Limits can also be set on your account on the amount payable daily again assisting with cash flow.
If you would like to discuss the benefits further as well as the process if you were to move forward with this, please contact your Key Account Manager or Sales Representative at Henning Harders.
How does it work?
If this sounds appealing to you and you would like to proceed, please find below links to both documents required for direct debit duties to be set up. Fill these in and simply send these back to your Key Account Manager or Sales Representative to set this up for you.